Works under the direction of the Chief of Police. A Reserve Officer supplements the full-time officers in a variety of duties throughout the Department. This is an unpaid, volunteer position. Reserve Officers must be available a minimum of sixteen hours per month and attend ongoing training sessions. They can volunteer to work more than the minimum sixteen hours a month, if they choose. Successful applicants must have completed OPOTA Peace Officer Training. May perform a variety of public safety work providing emergency aid, security and protection to the residents and employees of CMHA and work with other officers or patrol on their own. Reserve Officers perform the same duties as a full-time officer. The Reserve Officer must be dedicated to the Authority’s mission and vision and will uphold the shared values of commitment, respect, accountability, excellence and safety to internal and external stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Possess a High School diploma or GED equivalency.
Must possess valid OPOTC Basic Peace Officer certification.
- Age 21 at time of appointment
- Citizen of the United States
- Must never have been convicted of: 1) a felony, 2) a serious misdemeanor, 3) a series of offenses showing a disregard for constituted authority.
- Be of good character and have a good reputation in the community.
- Possess good judgment, tact, and initiative commensurate with the position and assignment as a Police Officer.
- Pass required polygraph exam, psychological screening, and medical exam.
- Pass required background investigation.
- Possess a valid driver’s license from the State of Ohio.
- Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with the public.
- Ability to work any shift and when called in for emergencies.
- Ability to complete CPR and first aid certification requirements by the end of the probationary period.
- Ability to analyze situations rapidly and objectively, and determine proper course of action.
- Experienced in handling vehicles in normal and emergency conditions.
- Physical agility.
- Possession of a valid Ohio vehicle operator's license and insurability under agency policies.
- COVID VACCINATION INFORMATION: The Cuyahoga Metropolitan Housing Authority requires evidence of full COVID-19 vaccination for newly hired employees.*
* CMHA will consider requests for reasonable accommodations for religious or medical reasons as required under applicable law. For more information please contact CMHA’s Human Resources at 216-348-5030 (voice) or email HRDir@cmha.net.
* The Americans with Disabilities Act ("ADA") requires CMHA to maintain confidentiality of employee medical information. Any information provided will be kept confidential and will be stored separately from the employee’s personnel files as required under the ADA.